International students who have finished their first year are eligible for one of the many scholarships offered by Brandon University after meeting the necessary criteria.
With fewer financial obligations, students can better concentrate on their studies. Additionally, since they don’t have to compete with local students, some of these scholarships are established expressly for international students, making them more accessible.
The second-largest city in Canada’s province of Manitoba is home to Brandon University, which was founded in 1899. The university provides a variety of programs and admits students depending on their prior academic achievements.
Brandon University Information For International Students
With international students from five continents and more than 30 nations contributing to its distinctively international flavor, international students can enjoy the educational and intercultural environment of Brandon University.
For international students, Brandon University offers a convenient, friendly, and clean environment. Classes are small, allowing for intimate professor-student interaction. Additionally, because Brandon University is among the least expensive Canadian universities, students there benefit from reduced tuition costs. In comparison to the majority of Canada’s main cities, the City of Brandon also offers a low cost of living.
International students can begin their studies in Manitoba at any point in their education and then transfer to Brandon University to complete their further education. For instance, after graduating from high school in Manitoba, you could attend Brandon University to further your education.
After completing their first year of study at Brandon University, international students are eligible for a wide range of scholarships, some of which are specifically for international students. However, you must be accepted as an international student at Brandon University in order to be eligible for these scholarships.
Brandon University Scholarships
There are different scholarships offered at the Brandon university which include:
1) International Baccalaureate Scholarship
2) Ap advanced Placement scholarship
3) Applied For Entrance Scholarships
International Baccalaureate Scholarship
This scholarship is mostly for high school students who have earned their IB diploma and are beginning their college careers. The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants;
- Be entering the university for the first time.
- Have completed the International Baccalaureate.
- Register in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Brandon University
- Eligible Countries: International students from all over the world can apply
- Suitable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship is open for any subject offered in the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- High school students entering university for the first time who have completed the full IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma will receive an IB (International Baccalaureate)
The winning international students will get $2 800 from Brandon University to help with their Canadian tuition costs.
Ap Advanced Placement Scholarship
Additionally, this grant is available to first-year university students who succeeded in their AP classes. The following are eligible for this scholarship:
- Applicants must maintain registration in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Brandon University.
- Applicants must not claim transfer credit in order to receive Advanced Placement (AP) Scholarships.
Apply For Entrance Scholarships
To be considered for this type of scholarship, you must meet the below requirements
- You must provide your transcript to Brandon University
- You must apply for admission to the Brandon university
- Have a Grade 11 or Grade 12 scholarship average of at least 85%;
- Submit an online application and any required supporting documents before the deadline.
How to Apply to Brandon University as an International Student
To gain admission to Brandon University, international students must do the following:
- Fill out an online application form.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit all official, original documents (not copied, faxed, emailed, or scanned) from all previously attended educational institutions. Documents must be presented in English and sent to the Admissions Office by the granting institutions in a sealed envelope.
- A certified translator must translate these documents not that are not in English. The translator must note they received the transcript(s) in a sealed envelope from the school and/or post-secondary institution.
- Take an English proficiency test if you are from a non-English speaking country.
Please get in touch with the Admissions Office at [email protected] for more information about university admission.
How To Apply For The Brandon University Scholarships
You can apply only if you have been successfully admitted to the Brandon University
- Claim your Brandon university ID
- Log in To the student information portal
- Add awards to your application
- Upload supporting documents
- Review the information and apply.
The Application Deadline is from April to September every year.