Are you looking for scholarships to study overseas? The University of Sydney has opened its portal for an international scholarship program called the vice-chancellor’s international scholarship scheme. This year, the university is offering over $40,000 worth of scholarships to students from around the globe. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation costs, and living expenses.
The University of Sydney is Australia’s oldest tertiary institution and offers degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Students who apply for these scholarships will receive full funding for their studies.
The University of Sydney has more than 20,000 students from over 140 countries worldwide. They come from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and languages. They offer prestigious scholarships to outstanding international students who want to study at the University of Sydney, or even complete their studies at another university in Australia.
Today, the university offers undergraduate programs in over 70 disciplines. With such a large number of opportunities, students often get confused about where they should apply for. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits, and step by step application process.
Highlights of Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
The VCIS is a scholarship that is available once coursework for a degree has begun (it is only awarded once during the first year of commencement and is not renewable for the following years.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Sydney Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- be an international student have applied for but not yet commenced a bachelor’s degree or a coursework master’s degree that is a CRICOS registered award program usually delivered onshore at the University of Sydney
- receive an unconditional offer of admission by the relevant close date.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
Scholarship Benefit of Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Four scholarship amounts are offered based on your ranking against the selection criteria:
- $40,000 payable for one year in two equal installments per semester
- $20,000 payable for one semester
- $10,000 payable for one semester
- $5,000 payable for one semester
Outstanding international students are given the Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships.
The Scholarship will be given out based on a student’s application for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree, which will be evaluated for academic merit.
A selection committee made up of two nominees from the Executive Director, two nominees from Sydney Future Students, and one nominee from the Admissions Office will decide who receives the scholarship.
The button below can be used to start your application.
Please be aware that it could take up to four months from the time your application is submitted until you receive an email letting you know whether you were accepted or not. There is no need to submit a separate scholarship application form. An application for admission to your research degree must be submitted in order to be taken into consideration for the scholarship.
Official Website: Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship