Are you looking for scholarships to fund your studies at university? If yes, then you should check out University of Melbourne Scholarships. The scholarship is open for international students from around the globe.
The University has a strong reputation globally and attracts students from all over the world. University of Melbourne Scholarships are open to international students who wish to study at the University of Melbourne. The scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, books and other expenses.
This article will cover the details of these scholarships, their benefits, and the step-by-step application procedure.
Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) 2022-2023 is a fully-funded student scholarship open to international students. Around 600 scholarships are open to students pursuing master’s and doctoral degrees.
The scholarship includes a living allowance of $32,400 per year, a total offset of fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership, Relocation Grant, and several other advantages.
The University of Melbourne is a public institution that is a part of society in numerous ways, such as education, science, learning, and involvement. It’s consistently one of the top universities around the globe.
It has the international rankings of world-class universities, placing it at the top university in Australia and 31st globally (Times The Higher Education World University Rankings for 2021).
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): The University of Melbourne
- Research in Australia
- 2-year period for students pursuing master by research degrees.
- 4-year for students who are pursuing a Doctoral degree.
Check out the courses at these schools:
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.
- Melbourne Business School.
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Melbourne Conservatorium of Music.
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- Melbourne Dental School.
- Melbourne Law School.
- Melbourne School of Design.
- Melbourne Medical School.
- Melbourne School of Engineering.
- Melbourne School of Population and Global Health.
- Melbourne School of Health Sciences.
- Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences.
- Online Graduate Courses.
- Office for Environmental Programs.
- School of Biomedical Sciences.
- The Faculty of Science.
- School of Melbourne Custom Programs.
- Victorian College of the Arts.
- For more information on the courses available, visit this link.
Melbourne Research Scholarships provide the recipients with the following advantages:
Stipends as well as fee offset scholarship
- The total offset of fees is available during the first two years of pursuing a master’s by Research degree or up to four years in the case of students seeking a doctoral.
- The living allowance is $32,400 a year pro-rata (2022 full-time rate of study) for two years for those pursuing a master’s by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for those pursuing an advanced degree. The living allowance can be indexed annually, including limited paid parental, sick, and maternity leave.
- Relocation grant sum of $2000 to students who are moving to States and Territories outside Victoria and $3000 for those who are moving to other countries than Australia.
- Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who need an academic visa to study in Australia
Offset Scholarships for a Fee
The total offset of fees is available in the two years available to students pursuing the Master’s by Research degree or up to four years for those seeking a doctoral.
Eligibility Criteria for Melbourne Research Scholarships
To be eligible to be considered for Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS), applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- You must have applied and have met the entry prerequisites for the Master by Research or Doctoral degree from The University of Melbourne.
- You must be taking a research course at Melbourne’s University of Melbourne.
How to Apply for Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS)?
Follow the steps below to apply for Melbourne Research Scholarships:
- If you’re a brand newly enrolled student and completed an application to a graduate research course within the application deadline date for the course and you are accepted, you will automatically be eligible for Graduate Research Scholarships. You will be notified that your application for a scholarship has been added to your file within seven days of submitting your application for the course.
- Suppose you’ve accepted the graduate research course offer and have deferred the start date to reconsider the scholarship. In that case, you must fill out your online application before the 31st of October to be considered for a scholarship the following year. You will be notified that your form for applying for a scholarship was submitted to your file within seven days of submitting the online application.
- Suppose you’re currently studying a graduate course and need an award, and you are eligible. In that case, you must complete your electronic application before the 31st of October to be eligible for a scholarship the following year. You will receive an email notification that your application for a scholarship has been added to your account within seven days of submitting the online application.