Honjo International Scholarship (HIS) is a fully funded scholarship program in Japan. The program provides scholarships to outstanding students from developing countries who wish to study at Honjo Gakuen.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other related costs. Students receive financial support for their studies, allowing them to focus on their academic pursuits without worrying about finances.
This scholarship is offered for masters and PhD. Honjo Scholarship provides monthly allowance, accommodation charges and Travel expenses for attending an international conference.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation was created to offer scholarships to deserving students who are struggling to pursue their education in developing nations as well as to Japanese students studying abroad.
By assisting these students in learning cutting-edge technologies and enhancing their good intentions, the foundation hopes to act as a bridge between Japan and the rest of the world in terms of shared friendships and culture.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Study in: Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: There is no restriction on field of research.
- Program Period: From 1 to 5 years.
- Coverage for Honjo International Scholarship
- Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years.
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years.
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years.
- Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc.
Eligibility Criteria Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
Those who wish to apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: English and Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible for apply. However, student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the student applying for PhD program must have been born after August 31, 1984. Student applying for master’s program must have been born after August 31, 1989.
- The student should have a strong will to serve in his / her home country after graduation. This doesn’t mean to have employment guaranteed already or to return his / her home country immediately after graduating the university.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Awards
Please follow the following steps so as to be able to apply for this fully funded scholarship;
(1) Enter the website. Fill out the application form and upload the following required documents.
i) from undergraduate course of the university where you graduated AND ii) any other courses that you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you transferred into the university, the transcript from the previous school is needed. All the applicants must provide at least i) the academic transcript from undergraduate course Photocopies are acceptable.
- A scholarship application form, a resume and a personal information form(1 set of 3 pages); make sure to attach your photo to the application form. Download the above forms provided on the website. Fill them in Japanese by typed or hand-written.
- Research plan: In Japanese, describe focusing around following four points; i) an outline of your research; ii) projected schedule between now and graduation; iii) plans and goals for the future; iv) research you have conducted in the past (if any). 2~4 pages are preferable. Either typed or hand-written is available.
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should mention the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and his or her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your former academic supervisor knows about you well, you can ask him/ her for your recommendation letter.
- A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission. In case that entrance examination has not been held yet, or successful candidates of the entrance examination will not have been announced before you apply for this scholarship, write down the scheduled date of examination or announcement of the result on the bottom of application form. If you are already enrolling into a graduate school, please provide a certificate of current enrollment. (Photocopies are acceptable.)
(2) Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
Visit the link below to know more about fully funded scholarships in Honjo International Scholarship (HIS) Awards.