Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada – How much does it cost to go to college? The average annual tuition at public universities has increased from $8,500 to over $20,000 today.
If you want to attend a private university, the price tag is even higher. Going to college isn’t cheap. In fact, it costs thousands of dollars per year.
And if you don’t have the financial means to pay for school, you’ll likely have to take out student loans.
However, there are ways to get fully funded scholarships. These scholarships come in two forms: merit-based awards and need-based awards.
Both types of scholarships require you to fill out applications and submit essays or letters of recommendation.
Fully funded scholarships means that they don’t require you to pay anything for their services. All you need to do is apply for these scholarships and get accepted into them.
If you are looking to study in Canada with fully funded scholarships then read this post through.
Because in this post, we will explain what is University of Calgary Scholarship, its benefits and step by step application procedure.
The University Calgary, Canada International Entrance Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of international students beginning their undergraduate studies.
This scholarship opportunity is awarded to individuals who are interested in entering first year in an undergraduate degree program at the Institution.
The University of Calgary has academic affiliations with several bodies like the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Universities Canada, Canadian Association of Research Libraries, the International Association of Universities, U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities, U Sports, Canada West Universities Athletic Association, Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate, and Canadian Bureau of International Education.
The University of Calgary has admitted students from many nations, socioeconomic levels, and racial origins after receiving numerous applications from prospective students throughout the globe some of which are fully funded scholarships.
The University of Calgary enrolls around 25,855 undergraduate students and 6,096 postgraduate students per year. The University employs 3,116 administrative personnel and 1,848 academic personnel.
Value of Scholarship (Fully Funded Scholarship)
$15,000 annually. Successful candidates will receive this sum each year for the duration of their studies, provided they continue to fulfill the university’s academic requirements.
Eligibility Requirement for the Fully Funded Scholarship
To be eligible for The University of Calgary 2022/2023 International Entrance Scholarship, applicants must be able to fulfill the following criteria;
- International students who have applied to study at the University and have been offered a place.
- Students must apply before the deadline.
- Students who have all the required documents and passed the required tests.
- Applicants who will be enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Students who are self-funded, full-time, and paying the differential tuition fee as international students.
- Students who achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms.
The University of Calgary accepts diverse students and does not relegate them to a type of applicant. The Selection process is made without regard to sexual orientation, gender, ethnic origin, marital status, gender identity, race, social background, caste, color, disability, or religion.
Not everyone qualifies for the University of Calgary 2022/2023 International Entrance Scholarship. People who fall under this category will be exempted from the scholarship.
- Students who do not achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms.
- People who are seeking funds to study at a different university rather than the University of Calgary.
- Applicants who have performed poorly on their English Language Test.
- Home students.
- Applicants who apply for the scholarship after the deadline.
- Students who want to use the University of Calgary 2022/2023 International Entrance Scholarship to apply to another university.
- Applicants who are not applying for an undergraduate program.
Other Financial Aid Offered at the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary offers other financial aid which may be external and require an additional application or internal and offer automatic consideration for students who meet the set criteria.
They offer a range of scholarships, bursaries, and funding for undergraduates, postgraduates and fully funded PhD programs.
Some of the types of financial aid include:
- Entrance Awards
- Continuing Awards
- Financial Need-Based Awards
- International Awards
- Indigenous Awards
- Professional Program Awards
- Graduating Awards
- External and Government Awards
How to Apply for The University of Calgary 2022/2023 International Entrance Scholarship
Interested applicants are to apply for admission via the university’s online application portal: https://applyalberta.ca/about-applyalberta/before-you-start/ Qualified applicants will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
To confirm the authenticity of the scholarship and other details, Visit the official Scholarship Webpage
Students who receive fully funded scholarships from their colleges often face financial challenges after graduation. The average student debt repayment at graduation is over $30,000 and rising every year. However, you can take care of your students loan by doing any of this listed here.