DAAD Scholarships are open to students from Germany who want to study abroad. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, living costs, travel expenses and insurance.
DAAD Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants who show exceptional academic potential and motivation to pursue their studies in Germany.
Germany has long been considered a top destination for international students. In 2017 alone, over 2 million foreign students studied in Germany. If you’re considering studying abroad, you should consider Germany.
Germany is known for its high quality of life, excellent healthcare system, and low crime rates. Students who study in Germany often receive scholarships and grants to cover their tuition fees.
The DAAD has announced the application for the 2022 Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for international students willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate courses in German universities.
The scholarship includes an award of a family allowance of 276 euros per month and an allowance of 861 euros per month.
The DAAD’s (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) primary duties include awarding scholarships, supporting German universities’ and research organizations’ internationalization efforts, enhancing German cultural and language studies abroad, and assisting developing nations in the establishment of successful higher education institutions.
What Benefits does the Scholarship Cover?
What is covered by the DAAD scholarship stipend? You will be paid a stipend each month to cover your living expenses, health insurance, and some travel costs. A monthly stipend of 850 euros will be provided for postgraduate students. Students here will receive 1,200 Euros for their doctoral degree course.
Can I continue to live in Germany after the DAAD Scholarship?
It is certainly possible, but first, you must be successful in landing a work throughout your study period. If you wish to stay in Germany, you can do so and obtain a residence permit for the purpose of obtaining gainful employment.
However, under certain circumstances, you can be eligible for a permanent settlement visa, which would grant you indefinite permission to stay, after only two years.
DAAD Scholarship Details
Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar program to help enhance the candidates’ social competencies and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship. Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition dating back to its foundation in 1925. Today, it remains loyal to the legacy of its namesake and campaigns for the core ideas and values of social democracy: freedom, justice, and solidarity.
- Admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany
- Sufficient knowledge of German, even if the courses are held in English. This means a “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang” of at least DSH level 2, a “Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache” of at least level 4, a “Zertifikat C 1” by a Goethe Institute, the “Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz” on level II or Telc C1 Hochschule
1. Outstanding academic or school achievement (where required: first graded proofs of academic achievement)
2. Social and political engagement, as well as adherence to social democratic principles
3. People eager to participate in the network of the Foundation and who are trustworthy, motivated, and reliable
4. Adequate German language skills, even if the classes are taught in English.
5. The Global South (Asia, Africa, and Latin America), post-Soviet republics, as well as eastern and south-eastern European (EU) nations, are represented among the applicants.
6. Students in any subject field who have outstanding academic credentials, a desire to study in Germany, and a commitment to and practice of social democratic values are eligible to apply.
DAAD Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
- They are paid a monthly amount of 861 EUR and costs for health insurance are funded.
- Students with a child receive a family allowance of 276 EUR.
- The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2022
Click Here to Apply
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Tuition-free | €12,444 annual stipends
- Deadline: October 31, 2022